1.30.2011

WEB's TOP 25 BLOG BALLOT

By: Michael Weber

Discuss on Yuku  Can't Post?  Here's How

I've only been ranking these teams for the TOP25 BLOG Poll for a few weeks now, but this is honestly one of the most crazy weeks of college basketball I can honestly remember.  I seriously wiped my entire ballot clean(except for OSU at #1) and just started to fill it out again.  Again, my rules are as follows:  I don't necessarily move teams down for a loss, especially if the team they lost to is excellent.  I also try not to abide by the rule that if Team A played Team B 7 weeks ago, and Team A won that they will always be ranked in front of Team B.  That just simply can't happen and teams do progress and regress over the course of the season.  With that in mind, I watched a decent amount of games this week-end and went solely on my feelings:  If this were a neutral court in Toronto, Ontario...who would win?  That's how I fill out my ballot.  Here we go:

1 - Ohio State
2 - Texas
3 - Kansas
4 - BYU
5 - San Diego State
6 - Duke
7 - Pittsburgh
8 - Uconn
9 - Notre Dame
10 - Kentucky
11 - Villanova
12 - Purdue
13 - Missouri
14 - Texas A&M
15 - Louisville
16 - Syracuse
17 - Georgetown
18 - Washington
19 - Arizona
20 - Minnesota
21 - Wisconsin
22 - Florida
23 - Xavier
24 - Virginia Commonwealth
25 - Illinois